Avicenna Fertility Center affiliated to Avicenna Research Institute started its activities in fall 2002 in mutual collaboration with ART center of USHCL University in Germany. Nationally, the center has got the first Sexual Health Clinic, Recurrent Abortion, Pelvic Pain, Endometriosis and Advanced Laparoscopy Clinic [affiliated to British Society of Gynecology and Endometriosis (BSGE).
Nearly, 3000-3500 cycles of ICSI are done in the center. The center obtained the ISO (9001:2008), and IPD permission from the Ministry of Health and Medical Education of Iran.
If you plan to travel abroad for a better access to infertility treatment and recurrent miscarriage services, AITO MedTour can facilitate your access to the IPD Department at this center. We will accompany you at all the stages of treatment and therapeutic follow-ups, and provide you with immediate response to inquiries and arrangements with your physicians.
Fortunately, there is no waiting list for the foreign patients and in case of having a previous history or profile of your problem in other treatment centers; you can share them with our doctors at AITO MedTour through email or other social networks to accelerate the procedure of your diagnosis and treatment. The physicians at Avicenna Fertility Center will evaluate your case free of charge, and might advise you to have several check-ups before coming to Iran. Therefore, your stay in Iran and the frequencies of your visits would be minimized.
In AFC, therapeutic protocols are similar for both foreign and in house patients. However, the only difference is the swift treatment cycles due to residency limitation for foreign patients’ stay in Iran. All the laboratory results, reports of treatments can be given to the patients for their own records.
International patients’ services at Avicenna Fertility Center
- Infertility treatment services, IUI, ICSI (Gamete donation and surrogacy is not provided for foreign patients)
- Specialized therapies for recurrent pregnancy loss and recurrent failures in ART
- Services for patients with sexual disorders and problems in communication, sexual function disorder, treatment of STIs, STDs
- Controlling high risk pregnancies, diagnosis of embryo problems via PGS, NGS, checking the health of fetus in pregnancy through advanced ultrasound, PGD, PND, CVS, amniocentesis, selective fetal reduction in individuals with multiple pregnancies by prenatalogist
- Treatment of patients with pelvic pain and endometriosis (through advanced laparoscopy)
- Services in fertility preservation (egg freezing, sperm freezing, ovarian and testicular tissue freezing)
- Providing services in andrology clinic (TESE, PESA, varicocelectomy, orchiopexy, vasovasostomy, hydrocelectomy, etc)
- Sex selection (ICSI+PGD)
- Radiology and fluoroscopy (Hysterosalpingography)
All infertility related services are performed in the center and patients are not referred to other centers. The surgeries are done in the presence of an anesthesiologist. If anesthesia is required in IUI or hysterosalpingography, an anesthesiologist is called for assistance.
The therapeutic protocols are the same for both domestic and foreign patients. The only difference is that short-term cycles are applied for the foreign patients due to the restriction exists on their accommodation.
Prior to referring, couples have to bring their passport and translated marriage certificate into Farsi which endorsed by affiliated embassy in Iran, a process that AITO MedTour will facilitate for you.
Age restrictions in females for receiving services
ICSI: 45 y 6m
Sex selection+ ICSI: 42 y 12 m
Fertility preservation because of cancer: 37 y 12 m
Fertility preservation due to aging: 40 y 12 m
Kindly notice, informed letter of consents will be obtained in cases that the applicants’ age is over 42 y 12 m and also when the patients insist to continue the treatment while they show poor response towards ovarian stimulation.
Iranians residing abroad have also the possibility to enjoy this the services of this unit.
The number of possible ICSI cycles for each couple varies on the basis of individuals’ condition and their specialist view, but 4 to 5 cycles could be conducted in total.
The minimum interval between two ICSI cycles is 3 months. Two months gap is required to perform ICSI and transfer frozen embryo, while this interval is reduced to 1 month for IUI cycles.
A number of three good-quality embryos could be transferred per cycle. (In this case also the final decision varies in each subject).
Initial assessments in woman include medical exam, Salpingography, Pap test, uterus and ovaries ultrasounds besides ovarian reserve test.
Semen analysis test and HIV assessment, Hepatitis B and C, VDRL and Karyotype (if it is necessary) are among the initial tests required for male initial exam.
It is mandatory to perform HIV screening, Hepatitis B and C and VDRL tests.
Commissions at the center
The center has different specialized commissions to deal with different cases. These are:
- Special Cases Commission
- Morbidity Commission
- Commission on Cancer Reference Laboratory
- Infertility Commission
- Recurrent Abortion Commission
- Education Commission
- Simultaneous Commission of Alternative Treatments and Ethics
- Maternal, Fetal, and Neonatal Health Commission
- Research Commission
If you wish to use the services of Avicenna Fertility Center and not worry about the process and the formalities, contacts us today, have your case examined, receive a free quote, and plan your medical trip to Iran with AITO MedTour.